Welcome to San Joaquin County WorkNet
San Joaquin County WorkNet would like to thank the Employers, Community Agencies and the Job Seekers that attended the 13th Annual Job & Resource Fair.
We would also like to give a special Thank You to the following for their support:
- IKON Printing
- The City of Stockton
- The Record
2015 Summer Youth Employment and Training Program
(STOCKTON, CA) The San Joaquin County Human Services Agency and San Joaquin County WorkNet are pleased to announce the Summer Youth Employment and Training Program (SYETP) for 2015.
For the past 31 summers, low-income youth in San Joaquin County have participated in the SYETP. This ongoing program has provided thousands of young people in our community with the opportunity to earn a paycheck while learning lifelong skills and providing services to their community. SYETP provides youth with the opportunity to gain meaningful work experience and develop the skills, attitudes, and commitment necessary to succeed in today’s work world.
The SYETP will provide San Joaquin County’s low-income youth between the ages of 14 and 21 with summer employment, introducing them to employers who will positively impact their futures. The SYETP anticipates employing 1,000 high school and college students for up to eight weeks. The program begins in June with a variety of entry-level jobs at governmental agencies, hospitals, schools and non-profit agencies at approximately 600 worksites throughout the County.The SYETP is designed to:
- Emphasize real-world labor expectations
- Increase awareness of services offered by local community-based organizations
- Provide opportunities for career instruction, financial literacy training, academic improvement, and social growth
Young people interested in participating in SYETP can obtain additional information by calling Elena Mangahas at (209) 468-3661
If you are a public or non-profit agency and would wish to become a host site for youth this summer please click here » for a writeable Worksite Agreement.
Please e-mail completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. A WorkNet staff will contact you following submission of your request.
The EDD's Labor Market Information Division (LMID) regularly reports statewide and local employment and unemployment data, economic development and planning information; industry and occupational characteristics, trends, and wage information; and social and demographic information.
LMID data can be used extensively for:
- Business and financial forecasting.
- Economic development and human resource planning.
- Monitoring labor force, industry, and economic trends.
- Planning and development of training programs.
- Public services program development and administration.
- Career exploration.
- Geographic planning for industry and business expansion
- Local labor market research.
- Wage and compensation administration.
- Occupational skills and qualifications identification.
- Public policy development.
- Strategic and long-term planning.
- Real estate investment evaluation.
For more information, check out www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.gov »
Free Tax Preparation Resources
There are several resources for FREE tax preparation for those who qualify:
Free File - Free File is a service that offers free online tax preparation and e-filing options for taxpayers that have an adjusted gross income of $60,000 or less in the tax year 2014. http://freefile.irs.gov
VITA - The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who cannot prepare their own and whose income is $53,000 or less. http://irs.treasury.gov/freetaxprep/
TCE - Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) provides free tax counseling and basic tax preparation for those 60 and older. Call 1-800-906-9887.
AARP - American Association for Retired Persons also offers tax counseling for older individuals. Call 1-888-227-7669Visionary Home Builders -
Looking to buy a Home? Want help to keep your home and avoid Foreclosure?
We can help you with the following services:
- Housing Counseling & Financial Literacy Programs
- Foreclosure Prevention/Loan Modification
- Homebuyer Education
- Single & Multi-Family Housing Provider
Homeownership and Rental Center (A HUD approved housing counseling agency).